Want to win $200 or tickets to see Moms’ Night Out (plus copies of Moms’ Night Out [the novelization] and Moms’ Night Out and other things i miss)? Keep reading!
This post is part of the No More Frumpy Mommy Moms’ Night Out Challenge, happening now through May 22. YOU can join, too! You might win $200 or tickets to see Moms’ Night Out if you participate! Are you participating and want to leave your link to today’s challenge? Read through this post, then link up at the bottom! Here are the other challenges:
- Easy Hair by Tricia Goyer — What’s your secret to easy, no-fuss hair?
- How to Get to Church on Time (with Kids) by Tricia Goyer — What tips do you have for getting your family to church on time?
- A Fast Recipe that Doesn’t Include Chicken Nuggets by Kerri Pomarolli — What’s your go-to, easy recipe?
- Fun Ways to Exercise with Your Kids by Tricia Goyer — How do you involve your kids in your exercise routine?
- Take Time for Mom-Friends by Kerri Pomarolli — What’s your favorite way to spend time with your mom-friends?
- Simple Makeup for Busy Moms by Tricia Goyer — What are your favorite tips for no-fuss makeup?
- A Fast Recipe that Doesn’t Involve Fish Sticks by Tricia Goyer — Share your easy, go-to recipe for your family!
- Quick Cleaning Tips by Kerri Pomarolli — What are your quick cleaning tips for busy moms?
- Finding Time to Follow Your Dreams by Tricia Goyer — How do you make time to follow your dreams?
A Fast Recipe that Doesn’t Involve Fish Sticks
One thing about real life is that people have to eat. Yes, it’s true–my family “expects” food in the fridge and dinner on the table. Can you believe that?!
One thing I’m always on the hunt for is easy and yummy meals that don’t take a lot of time (which means more time to write or spend with my family!). One of my former editors gave me this recipe and I’ve used it LOTS over the last twenty years. It’s so easy and so good!
2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 can pinto (or kidney) beans
2 cans chili beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can white corn
2 cans Mexi-corn
1 can stewed tomatoes – Mexican style
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 pkg. original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan, drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients (do not drain any of the cans) and simmer for an hour or so. (Or put it in crockpot.) When ready, serve in big soup bowls with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream.
(Note this recipe can have substitutes too. For example, my family doesn’t like onions, so I usually don’t use them. You can add whatever beans you like. I just use what’s in my cupboard. It’s the same with the corn and tomatoes. Sometimes if I don’t have Rotel, I’ll just throw in a can of green chilis for flavor. Some people serve it with cornbread instead of tortilla chips. You really can’t mess it up!)
OK, now your turn. Do you have an easy and yummy recipe to share?
No More Frumpy Mommy Challenge Link-Up
Link your blog post with the corresponding challenge so others can see your progress and I can stop by your blog to give you some encouragement.
- To link up your blog, copy the URL of the exact post and paste it below.
- To link up to your Facebook status, click on the time of your status, which will send you to your status’ URL. Then copy the URL and paste it below.
- To link up a tweet, click on the tweet itself, which will send you to your tweet’s URL. Then copy the URL and paste it below.