Want to win $200 or tickets to see Moms’ Night Out (plus copies of Moms’ Night Out [the novelization] and Moms’ Night Out and other things i miss)? Keep reading!
This post (by my funny friend and fellow author Kerri Pomarolli) is part of the No More Frumpy Mommy Moms’ Night Out Challenge, happening now through May 22. YOU can join, too! You might win $200 or tickets to see Moms’ Night Out if you participate! Are you participating and want to leave your link to today’s challenge? Read through this post, then link up at the bottom! Here are the other challenges:
- Easy Hair by Tricia Goyer — What’s your secret to easy, no-fuss hair?
- How to Get to Church on Time (with Kids) by Tricia Goyer — What tips do you have for getting your family to church on time?
- A Fast Recipe that Doesn’t Include Chicken Nuggets by Kerri Pomarolli — What’s your go-to, easy recipe?
- Fun Ways to Exercise with Your Kids by Tricia Goyer — How do you involve your kids in your exercise routine?
- Take Time for Mom-Friends by Kerri Pomarolli — What’s your favorite way to spend time with your mom-friends?
- Simple Makeup for Busy Moms by Tricia Goyer — What are your favorite tips for no-fuss makeup?
- A Fast Recipe that Doesn’t Involve Fish Sticks by Tricia Goyer — Share your easy, go-to recipe for your family!
- Quick Cleaning Tips by Kerri Pomarolli — What are your quick cleaning tips for busy moms?
- Finding Time to Follow Your Dreams by Tricia Goyer — How do you make time to follow your dreams?
A Fast Recipe that Doesn’t Include Chicken Nuggets By Kerri Pomarolli
This is a family favorite from my grandmother’s cookbook in Alabama. I don’t cook, but when my mom does everyone comes running! Maybe I’ll try this someday because it’s so yummy and I think I could actually do it! I’ve always wanted to say I made a pie.
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch or flour
2 tbsp butter
2 heaping tspoon cocoa
1/3 tsp salt
Beat the eggs, sugar and salt together add cornstarch and butter,
Cook until thick and smooth.
Pour in cooked pie crust. Beat egg whites until stiff adding at least 3 tablespoons sugar. Put on top of pie and bake in slow oven until brown.
Then eat and be fabulous!
No More Frumpy Mommy Challenge Link-Up
Link your blog post with the corresponding challenge so others can see your progress and I can stop by your blog to give you some encouragement.
- To link up your blog, copy the URL of the exact post and paste it below.
- To link up to your Facebook status, click on the time of your status, which will send you to your status’ URL. Then copy the URL and paste it below.
- To link up a tweet, click on the tweet itself, which will send you to your tweet’s URL. Then copy the URL and paste it below.