Making Hard Choices
Saying Goodbye to ‘Living Inspired”
Many people often ask me how I “do it all.” Sometimes it appears as if I do. I write blogs, write books, host a radio show, mentor teen moms, and care for my husband and kids.
The truth is I have to make hard choices to maintain balance. There is a lot I say no to. I’m also cautious about what I add, and I frequently go before God and pray about what I need to back away from.
A few months ago, as I sat and prayed, I felt God telling me it was time to back away from some things. Some blogs I wrote for came to mind as I prayed. Even though they were wonderful ministries, it was no longer my season to write for them.
I didn’t even think about cutting back on my radio show, Living Inspired, but God brought it to mind, too. At the beginning of 2014 I added on a wonderful c0-host Michelle Hill who works in radio at FamilyLife. We were having a blast and talking to wonderful guest(s? Yep! Make that plural.). We had plans on making things (the radio show? Yep, she’s referring to the radio show.) bigger and better, but I felt God saying, “Did you pray about that?”
Yes I had wonderful plans, but the more I prayed the more I realized that God was asking me to walk away from my plans for His plans. He knows what I have coming ahead. He knows the time and attention that my books and children will require. So, as hard as it was, I decided to end Living Inspired. It’s been an AMAZING four-and-a-half years of being on the radio. I’ve interviewed wonderful guests and I was thrilled to be used by God to help promote other Christian authors and speakers.
The good news is that all my old podcasts are still available here.
I encourage you to listen to them and be inspired!
Some Special Thank You’s!
So as I end this season of my life I want to thank a few people:
- First, the wonderful people at Toginet! Especially Erik, Sabrina, and Karina. Erik-the-Viking, I especially enjoyed working with you. You’ve been 100% helpful and supportive. Thank you, Toginet, for allowing me to help and inspired other!
- Second, the Litfuse ladies. Amy, Caitlin, Christen, and Christine. Thank you for all your hard work managing my schedule and the guests.
- Third, thank you Michelle Hill for jumping on board and being a wonderful co-host. You made the last six months the funnest ever.
- Fourth, thank you to all the wonderful guests! I loved getting to know you are your hearts! I’m grateful to call many of you friends now.
- Finally, thank you for all who listened and supported the show. I appreciate all of you!
And thank you, Lord, for giving me this season of radio … and reminding me that your ways are perfect.
The final taping of Living Inspired is done, but enjoy the remainder of the shows. They’ll be airing until July 17th!