We all want to do sweet things for our husbands to show them that we love them, but sometimes it’s hard to remember to make our husbands a priority when we’re exhausted or super busy (or both!).
In my book, Bless Your Husband, Creative Ways to Encourage and Love Your Man, I give several tangible ideas for you to bless your guy. In this six-week study for wives, there are several blessings challenges to choose from each week as well as daily readings, prayers, memory verses, and more to grow as a wife and woman. The idea is that you can bless your husband and strengthen your marriage in fifteen minutes a day.
But what about those days when you don’t have the time or energy for even fifteen minutes? In the book, I stress that you should progress through at your own pace. So if this means it takes you two days to do one day’s study, that’s fine. Make it work for you!
Today, I’m going to share 5 quick and easy ways to bless your husband for those days when you don’t even have fifteen minutes to spare.
1. Send him an encouraging text. Think about any issues he is facing at the moment. Does he need to be reminded that he is strong and that God has got him? Or maybe he needs a reminder of a time when he successfully solved a problem, encouraging him to have faith that he can do it again. Does he need a cheerful reminder that his wife is rooting for him, or maybe just a thoughtful thank you to encourage him?
2. Buy a special drink next time you’re out grocery shopping. My husband likes root beer in glass bottles. It would be easy to add to the cart when I’m already out doing an errand, and it would make him smile. Is there a fancy coffee or a bottled organic juice you can grab for him? It’s an easy way to say, “I’m thinking about you.”
3. Pray over him before you go to sleep. Don’t feel like you have to be an eloquent prayer warrior to do this. Jesus kept his prayers simple, we can do the same! Put your hands on him, thank God for him, ask God to bless him and pray for any needs you know he has.
4. Give him a hand massage next time you’re watching television together. A hand massage is an easy one to give, you don’t necessarily even need oil or lotion. Your loving touch can calm him down, lower his stress, and make him feel loved. Win-win-win!
5. Study and grow as a Christian. The best thing you can do to bless your husband and family is to stay rooted in God’s word. Find a Bible study that will help you dig in deep, or a great devotional to start your morning off right. God’s word changes us for the better, and what is stored in your heart will overflow into your family!
These ideas are similar to the challenges you’ll find in my book. Do you want more? Do you desire to encourage your man and love him in words and actions? If so, you’ll enjoy Bless Your Husband!
Today, I am giving away 2 paperback copies to Tricia’s readers! Bonus, if you win, in addition to the book, you’ll also be added to the list to receive pre-order bonuses* I’m offering only to those who pre-order the book. You’ll get access to videos, an eBook, and a private Facebook party with me!
What is your favorite way to bless your husband?
More about Bless Your Husband
Sometimes, choosing to love your husband is hard. Whether you’ve been married one year or 31 years, chances are he’s done things that have frustrated you, angered you, hurt you, or flabbergasted you. But after arguing over how to load the dishwasher yet again, you might be wondering how you can show him that you really do love him.
In as little as 15 minutes a day, you can do something meaningful for your husband and grow in your faith. From washing his car to writing a positive post about him on social media to watching his favorite movie with him, these pages are full of creative, simple, and interactive ideas on how to bless your husband. You’ll discover daily Scripture verses, inspirational readings, and journaling prompts to encourage you as well!
Don’t miss out on these great pre-order goodies if you order before October 16th!
Angela Mills is an author and blogger known for her transparency and encouragement for women. She’s been married to her best friend for 18 years and is a homeschool mom to two daughters.
Angela runs a private Facebook group for thousands of Christian wives and has written over 60 articles online for various websites. She is passionate about following Jesus, helping marriages thrive, and encouraging women to intentionally love their husbands and children.
Her first book, Bless Your Husband, comes out in October of 2018. When not writing or teaching or playing with her grandson, Angela loves to bake or escape into a good book. An avid reader, she brings a book with her everywhere she goes.