Life in the Midst of Writing a Novelization
We are two weeks away from release day for the novelization of Moms’ Night Out, available April 22!
People ask me how books are written. Well . . . the novelization for Moms’ Night Out was written as I sat in the front of a twelve-passenger van WITH my whole family inside, as we headed for a research trip to Amish country and Disneyworld!
No, I don’t normally write books from the front seat of a twelve-passenger van. (I have written books on other long trips before!) But for Christmas, we decided that instead of giving everyone a ton of gifts, we’d go to Disneyworld. EVERYONE meant:
- My married son, my lovely daughter-in-law, and my two grandkids ages two and four months,
- My missionary daughter, on home for Christmas from the Czech Republic,
- My college-age son,
- Our three little kids ages six, three, and three at the time,
- My husband and me!
Yes, you have that right . . . I wrote a book about being an overwhelmed mom while driving twenty hours in a van with FIVE children ages six and under! Why this worked:
- I didn’t have to be “in the mood” for the book. I was an overwhelmed mom!
- I was in the front seat. And I put in my earbuds to watch the movie. (Peace!)
- I didn’t have to worry about the dishes, laundry, dog, my Grandma, cooking dinner, getting the mail, going to the store, putting away decorations.
- It is an amazing movie and so FUN!
If I were to write a movie about our trip, there were a few “scenes” that stood out:
I have a few books on sale right now! The Swiss Courier and Chasing Mona Lisa are only $1.99! The Promise Box is only $3.99! And Generation NeXt Marriage is $2.99. You can also get my four World War II novels in the Liberators Series for $13.99.