Want to win $200 or tickets to see Moms’ Night Out (plus copies of Moms’ Night Out [the novelization] and Moms’ Night Out and other things i miss)? Keep reading!
This post is part of the No More Frumpy Mommy Moms’ Night Out Challenge, happening now through May 22. YOU can join, too! You might win $200 or tickets to see Moms’ Night Out if you participate! Are you participating and want to leave your link to today’s challenge? Read through this post, then link up at the bottom! Here are the other challenges:
- Easy Hair by Tricia Goyer — What’s your secret to easy, no-fuss hair?
- How to Get to Church on Time (with Kids) by Tricia Goyer — What tips do you have for getting your family to church on time?
- A Fast Recipe that Doesn’t Include Chicken Nuggets by Kerri Pomarolli — What’s your go-to, easy recipe?
- Fun Ways to Exercise with Your Kids by Tricia Goyer — How do you involve your kids in your exercise routine?
- Take Time for Mom-Friends by Kerri Pomarolli — What’s your favorite way to spend time with your mom-friends?
- Simple Makeup for Busy Moms by Tricia Goyer — What are your favorite tips for no-fuss makeup?
- A Fast Recipe that Doesn’t Involve Fish Sticks by Tricia Goyer — Share your easy, go-to recipe for your family!
- Quick Cleaning Tips by Kerri Pomarolli — What are your quick cleaning tips for busy moms?
- Finding Time to Follow Your Dreams by Tricia Goyer — How do you make time to follow your dreams?
Quick Cleaning Tips by Kerri Pomarolli
Here is my number-one cleaning tip: Hire a cleaning lady! OK, I know I know, I’m in Hollywood and I’m so rich I can afford it, right? Um . . . think again. I shop at the dollar store for my produce and milk too. The thing I learned is this: I’m a full-time working mom. I realize that hiring a cleaning service can seem like a luxury to some of us. But I had to think about the value of my time. What is the value of the entire day it takes to clean my house when I’m comparing it to time I could be spending with my kids or doing the work that needs to be done?
I have a wonderful lady named Teresa, and about once a month we as a family budget to have her come over and “save us!” This means she cleans everything in our house from top to bottom, and it costs the same as the four of us going out to dinner. So I have to ask myself, would I rather have a sparkling clean house or one dinner out? I choose the clean house. As a busy mom who likes things neat, I find myself compulsively cleaning all the time. If it’s not cleaning, I’m picking up things that are in one room and belong in another, and it never ends. Sometimes Teresa shows up like Mary Poppins and I get a break. I get to focus on my work deadlines and all the other tasks at hand. If I could adopt her like Alice in The Brady Bunch, I would. But I know because she comes over every so often, Mama is happy. And as they say, ”If Mama ain’t happy, then noooooobody’s happy!”
So call me a diva if you wish. But there are all these great deals on Groupon or LivingSocial where you can try out a cleaning service sometimes as low as $30. See? It’s not that crazy of an idea. When my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said, “Have Teresa come over!” I hug her every time I see her smiling face at my door! The only problem is when it’s time to leave, it’s me hanging onto her ankles saying, “Don’t go! Plllleeeease don’t go!”
What are your quick cleaning tips? Share below in the comments!
No More Frumpy Mommy Challenge Link-Up
Link your blog post with the corresponding challenge so others can see your progress and I can stop by your blog to give you some encouragement.
- To link up your blog, copy the URL of the exact post and paste it below.
- To link up to your Facebook status, click on the time of your status, which will send you to your status’ URL. Then copy the URL and paste it below.
- To link up a tweet, click on the tweet itself, which will send you to your tweet’s URL. Then copy the URL and paste it below.