Kristen Anderson thought she had the picture-perfect life until strokes of gray dimmed her outlook on life. Once a happy child, Kristen’s world darkened after three friends and her grandmother died within two years. Still reeling from these losses, she was raped by a friend she thought she could trust. She soon spiraled into a depression that didn’t seem to have an end. Then, on a cold January night at the age of 17, Kristen attempted suicide by laying down on a set of railroad tracks near her parents’ home. She was run over by 33 freight train cars at 50 mph, and both of her legs were severed, but miraculously, she survived!
Kristen and I wrote her book Life, In Spite of Me a few years ago, and God has done some wonderful things in her life! She’s gotten married and has a sweet baby boy. God continues to redeem her life. <click to tweet>
Here are some suicide warning signs:
- appearing depressed or sad most of the time
- having no hope for the future
- Feeling hopeless, helpless, worthless, or trapped in a situation, and having excessive guilt or shame
- talking or writing about death or suicide
- withdrawing from family or friends
- acting recklessly or impulsively
- a change in personality, sleeping, or eating habits
- decreased interest in most activities
- dramatic mood changes
- giving away prized possessions
You can connect with Kristen and her ministry, Reaching You, on Facebook! Below if a preview of the book so you can get started reading for free!
Interested in some similar posts to this one? Check out these: