Before the Lord ever brought Caleb, my husband, into my life, it was my desire to find ways, as a single girl, that I could be a blessing to a future husband that I didn’t know yet. I sought to find ways that I could be a Proverbs 31 wife, bringing her husband good all the days of her life, and during this time, I made a list of some applicable things I could do for my future husband that would act as blessing.
I thought that I would share them with you in hopes that it will be an encouragement to do you husbands good. While it is by no means an exhaustive list, it is some very practical ways that you can work towards blessing your husband right now, whatever your age may be, 13yrs. or 30yrs.
She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. Proverbs 31:12
1) Learn self denial, subduing your pride, and putting others first
2) Pray for your husband daily
3) Save all of yourself for him (physically and emotionally)
4) Get into a habit of immediately cleaning up your messes (and cleaning them up completely…aka…..don’t scrapbook and clean everything up without vacuuming….this will make for a more peaceful and lovely home in the future
5) Learn more encouraging words
6) Find new recipes and learn how to cook lovely, yummy meals
7) Read more books/articles on being a good wife
8) Wear a genuine smile (A cheerful look brings joy to the heart. Proverbs 15:30)
9) Keep my body healthy and my appearance lovely
10) Write him love letters to save for the future (make them lovely using your finest handwriting and paper)