Verse Mapping, Paris, and Travel with Kristy Cambron
What are a few of your favorite things? If I have any spare time I love spending it in a few ways:
—Reading my Bible and digging in, discovering its amazing truths.
—Reading historical fiction. My favorite historical setting is in Europe during WWII.
—Artsy stuff. I love watercolor painting.
—Travel. Since I can’t really travel overseas right now, I’ve really been enjoying www.virtualtrips.io
(I’m even giving a tour here!)
So …. you can imagine how excited it was that Kristi and I had a wonderful chat about all of these things!
One of Kristy’s new projects is the Verse Mapping Bible. There are seven editions, all with the unique 5-step verse mapping study process to choose the right fit for you—editions for adults and for girls ages 8-12!
Each one includes 350 partially completed maps in multiple Bible translations (with Hebrew & Greek word studies)—the same across all editions, so families and small groups can study together.
-70 blank maps, to begin a verse mapping journey of your own
-66 book introductions, topical index, a Verse Mapping 101 guide and study prompts, and more!
Stop by versemapping.com to get started + download your FREE Verse Map template.
Kristy and I also talked about her soon-to-be-released novel: The Paris Dressmaker. And … avid fans can sign up for a trip to Paris with Kristy! We share so much good stuff during our chat I know you’ll be inspired!
Who is Kristy Cambron?
Kristy Cambron is a vintage-inspired storyteller, writing both award-winning historical fiction and Bible Studies. She’s served as a Women’s Ministry Leader and speaks at events across the country, encouraging women to experience a deeper life in the Word through verse mapping. Her work has been named to the Publishers Weekly Religion & Spirituality TOP 10, Library Journal Reviews’ Best Books, RT Reviewers’ Choice Awards, has received multiple INSPY Award nominations, and is a 2020 Christy Award Finalist.
You can order the Verse Mapping Bibles HERE.
About the Verse Mapping Bibles:
Verse mapping means getting real about studying the Bible. More than simply reading a verse or Scripture passage, verse mapping means using Bible study tools to research what you’ve just read in the Bible—to learn more about what God is saying to you and how you can apply his Word to your life today.
In the NIV Verse Mapping Bible, author Kristy Cambron expands her verse mapping curriculum series to include verses from the entire Bible, showing you how to compare Bible translations, pick out meaningful words, and delve into the true meaning of each verse using starter verse maps and prompts. Verse mapping will help you study the historical context, transliteration, translation, connotation, and theological framework of a verse. This unique study technique includes exploring Hebrew and Greek word studies, finding connections in Scripture, comparing Bible translations, and learning as much as you can from your time in God’s Word.
Verse mapping involves five steps:
- Choose: Select a verse and write it out.
- Compare: Record this verse in two or three other Bible translations and underline key words that are the same or different between translations.
- Research: Look up the Hebrew or Greek meaning for the underlined words and record it.
- Consider: Ask questions of the verse. Imagine what it would be like to have experienced what’s happening. Read the verses surrounding this verse and use other study tools to dig even deeper, if you prefer.
- Apply: What is God saying to you? How does this verse relate to your life today.
- Full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- Guided instructions on how verse mapping works, how to start, and how to get the most from your mapping
- 350 partially completed verse maps with pre-selected verses in multiple Bible translations and helpful Hebrew or Greek word studies
- Includes directions on how to use the Reverse Interlinear feature on BibleGateway.com to research the Greek and Hebrew translations for these 350 verses for free
- More than 70 blank verse maps for your own inductive Bible study journey
- 66 book introductions
- Presentation page
- Topical index
- Satin ribbon marker
- Cloth over board cover lays flat when open
- Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print® typeface
- 8-point print size
Walk It Out Scripture
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:4 ESV
If you are enjoying the show, I have a quick favor to ask! If you haven’t yet hit the subscribe button and left a rating and a review on iTunes, please take a moment and do so! I love reading your reviews and it keeps the algorithms happy so new listeners can find the podcast as well!
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Verse Mapping Bibles
- The Painted Castle | Kristy Cambron
- Verse Mapping
- Walk it Out #54 — my first interview with Kristy!
- Verse Mapping Journal
- Write that Book
- The Ringmaster’s Wife | Kristy Cambron
- The Paris Dressmaker | Kristy Cambron
- Chasing Mona Lisa | Tricia Goyer & Mike Yorkey
- Kristy Cambron Paris Experience